Sunday, March 17, 2013

Waiting on Spring

At this point in March I often feel like this:



Weighted. Winter feels heavy and I feel like I'm sinking. I know spring is around the corner. I can hear it in the birdsong and see it in the swelling buds on the rose bushes. But temperatures haven't risen above 40 degrees in a long time and I'm beginning to forget what sunlight looks like. What to do?

Go to the beach.



One of the best things about living in the Chicago area is Lake Michigan. There's something so magical about the windswept dunes and the calls of gulls. I don't care what season it is, the lake is calling me. The mystical combination of wind, water and sand sweeps the cobwebs from my soul. Once again I can marvel at the power of nature and the stubborness of stone. Spring...please come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment