I'll admit to being a bit of a collector, and it doesn't help that I get a discount at the garden center where I work. However, I have a hard time saying 'no' to free or half-off plants, which leads me to the current dilemna - where do I put these?
From left to right:
- a Regal geranium that blooms purple and white and was too pretty to not come home with me. It'll be covered in flowers again in a week.
- the pot of pansies and miscellaneous annual that I planted because I needed something cheerful.
- a Red Dragon contorted filbert from The Morton Arboretum half-off plant sale because, really, it's too cool!
- a baby weeping beech from that same plant sale because my husband loves them. What? It'll be 30 by 30 feet, but I'll be like 90 or something by then. I can just prune it! (Famous last words.)
- a Red Charm peony that I bought myself as a 40th birthday present because I've been eyeing it for years.
- a baby trident maple that was being given away by the Plant Clinic staff (there may be more, if you want one) because it was FREE and needed a good home.