Friday, January 19, 2018

Janustory Day 19 and a Recap


Janustory Day 19: The ancient wisewoman who gave me the receipt to dispel ghosts and evil beings promised me it would work.

#janustory #wordcount19

Here's where we are so far:

  • Walking.
  • Bone-weary trekking.
  • Blisters have popped.
  • Sunrise lights boulders pearly.
  • Rain at last has ceased.
  • First farmhouse welcomes me with tea.
  • Desperate for news, trinkets are swept aside.
  • The family lines up to hear my tale.
  • Acrid smoke stings my eyes from the smoldering fire.
  • The baronial war is finally over, but not the famine.
  • Their narrow faces mirror mine as we commiserate over the harvest.
  • Mysterious fragrant blood-red flowers have been springing up where battles were fought.
  • The farmer worries as cattle, sheep, and goats are sickening in the fields.
  • His six children have been warned to stay close to the house and barn.
  • I’ve heard strange rumors of weird sights in copses that saw battle on misty nights.
  • The weary farmer confirms my growing fears and we discuss how to banish the troubled ghosts.
  • As the twilight gathers in the corners of the kitchen, we line up the banishing spell ingredients.
  • Jonathan, the young farmer, has rounded up some neighbors to assist in freeing their fields from these hauntings.  
  • The ancient wisewoman who gave me the receipt to dispel ghosts and evil beings promised me it would work.
     
Now the tricky part is avoiding run on sentences. We'll see if our merry little band is successful in their quest.


No comments:

Post a Comment