Monday, January 23, 2017

Janustory Day 23

Janustory Day 23: I have achieved an open patch and looking up to a brilliant sky swept with clouds, suddenly feel that all is not lost.

#janustory #wordcount23

The days are getting longer and it's almost light until 5:00 now. It's been a very grey January, even more so than usual. It might be time for another visit to palm trees and orchids to cheer this weary soul. Speaking of orchids, I have managed to keep one alive for about a year. This is quite an achievement as I am not particularly gifted when it comes to houseplants. Trees, trees I can grow like wildfire, but they do tend to thrive on benevolent neglect sometimes. Houseplants like African violets do just fine, but temperamental ones, no dice. Maybe I'll be able to coax this orchid into reblooming. We shall see.

So far the black orchid (Encyclia cochleatum)  survives. Maybe it will bloom again like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment