Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Janustory Day 24

Janustory Day 24: A warm breeze ruffles my hair as the sun begins to set and I’m going to need to build a shelter for the night.

#janustory #wordcount24

I think we all need shelter at some point. I am torn between loving a sheltered garden with trees as my ceiling and the wide open spaces of the prairie. When I was a little girl, I made a secret cave out of the old yews back behind the garage. They were ancient and huge so I could easily make a little nest beneath the branches. There were seats and shelves, even a pretend fire pit. I played there with my dolls for hours, making up adventures. This is one of the structures my coworkers crafted for the children's garden at my former garden center workplace. It held up pretty well to the winds and storms, with occasional reinforcement. Where to you go for shelter or to hide?




No comments:

Post a Comment