Sunday, January 29, 2017

Janustory Day 28 and 29

Janustory Day 28: Under the rosy blush of a new dawn, I am slowly awoken by the distant call of different song birds and wonder if now I am considered prey.

Janustory Day 29: Stretching each and every muscle so I can be ready for immediate flight into the foliage, I sip fresh drops of dew from the stem of my yellow flower.

#janustory #wordcount29

This little writing exercise is drawing to a close as February is upon our doorstep. I've enjoyed the challenge! Now, the hard part is a wordy sentence that flows and isn't too run-on. I am reminded of the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest where the goal is to create bad opening sentences to imaginary novels in keeping with the style of the Victorian author. Go check it out. They tend to be hilarious. In the meantime, since we STILL have not seen the sun, here's a prickly pear flower to bring light to our grey January.

Prickly pear (Opuntia humifusa) flowers are stunning - and native!

No comments:

Post a Comment